- All Implemented Interfaces:
public final class Median
- extends java.lang.Object
- implements HACClusterMethod
Much like the Centroid-Method, but the centroid is
computed as if the two clusters would have had the same number
of data points.
Note that this method is not monotone.
This method needs a distance measure as
- $Id: Median.java,v 1.1 2011/06/22 14:22:51 dogu3912 Exp $
Equation (from Tan et al.
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
equals, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public double simRQ(double simAB,
- Description copied from interface:
- Equation (from Tan et al. (2006) p. 524, see
HAC for full reference):
αa * sim(A,Q)
+ αb * sim(B,Q)
+ β * sim(A,B)
+ γ * |sim(A,Q) - sim(B,Q)|
Where αa, αb,
β and γ depend on the method to use.
See the class description of the concrete implementation for
information about these parameters.
Cluster A and cluster B are merged to form cluster
R. This method calculates the proximity of R to a
- Specified by:
simRQ in interface
simAB - Proximity between A and B
simAQ - Proximity between A and Q
simBQ - Proximity between B and Q
- simRQ, the proximity between R and Q