Decision making processes, be it at the societal or at the personal level, often come to a point where one side challenges the other with a why-question, which is a prompt to justify some stance based on arguments. Since technologies for argument mining are maturing at a rapid pace, also ad-hoc argument retrieval becomes a feasible task in reach. We invite you to participate in the third Touché lab on argument retrieval at CLEF 2022 featuring three tasks. (Details on Touché 2020 can be found in the overview paper or on the lab web page; details on Touché 2021 can be found in the overview paper or on the lab web page).Register now
- Task 1: Argument Retrieval for Controversial Questions.
- Task 2: Argument Retrieval for Comparative Questions.
- Task 3: Image Retrieval for Arguments.
- November 15, 2021: Registration opens [register].
- April 22, 2022: Registration closes.
- May 2, 2022: Approaches submission deadline.
- May 27, 2022: Participant paper submission.
- June 13, 2022: Peer review notification.
- Mid June, 2022: Evaluation results out.
- July 1, 2022: Camera-ready participant papers submission.
- September 5-8, 2022: CLEF Conference.
- TBA: Touché Workshop on Argument Retrieval.
Communication: Touché Forum in TIRA
Mailing list organizers: email@example.com