Decision making processes, be it at the societal or at the personal level, often come to a point where one side challenges the other with a why-question, which is a prompt to justify some stance based on arguments. Since technologies for argument mining are maturing at a rapid pace, also ad-hoc argument retrieval becomes a feasible task in reach. We invite you to participate in the third Touché lab on argument retrieval at CLEF 2022 featuring three tasks [overview paper] (Details on Touché 2020 can be found in the overview paper or on the lab web page; details on Touché 2021 can be found in the overview paper or on the lab web page).Register now
- Task 1: Argument Retrieval for Controversial Questions.
- Task 2: Argument Retrieval for Comparative Questions.
- Task 3: Image Retrieval for Arguments.
November 15, 2021: Registration opens [register]. April 22, 2022: Registration closes. May 2, 2022: Approaches submission deadline.
- May 27, 2022: Participant paper submission [template] [instructions] [CLEF instructions] [submit].
- June 13, 2022: Peer review notification.
- Mid June, 2022: Evaluation results out.
- July 1, 2022: Camera-ready participant papers submission.
- September 5-8, 2022: CLEF Conference.
- TBA: Touché Workshop on Argument Retrieval.
Communication: Touché Forum in TIRA
Mailing list organizers: email@example.com