Decision making processes, be it at the societal or at the personal level, often come to a point where one side challenges the other with a why-question, which is a prompt to justify some stance based on arguments. Since technologies for argument mining are maturing at a rapid pace, also ad-hoc argument retrieval becomes a feasible task in reach. We invite you to participate in the second Touché lab on argument retrieval at CLEF 2021 featuring two tasks. (Details on the Touché 2020 edition can be found in the overview paper or on last year's lab web page).
- Task 1: Argument Retrieval for Controversial Questions.
- Task 2: Argument Retrieval for Comparative Questions.
- November 16, 2020: Registration opens.
- April 30, 2021: Registration closes.
May 1May 7, 2021: Approaches submission deadline.
- May 28, 2021: Participant paper submission [template] [instructions].
- June, 2021: Evaluation results out.
- June 11, 2021: Peer review notification.
- July 2, 2021: Camera-ready participant papers submission.
- September 21-24, 2021: Conference.